3 Mistakes small businesses make on their websites that are costing them money and losing them clients
Most business owners know the importance of having a website in today’s business environment but just having a website or having a bad website that is not set up correctly can do more harm than good. In this article we will cover 3 simple things that can dramatically improve your results online.
1.Not having an SSL certificate installed on your website
If your website does not have an SSL certificate it will display a “Not secure” sign at the top left hand corner. See below image:
Here are 3 reasons why an SSL certificate is important
- Google favours websites with SSL certificates and will show these sites higher up the search results.
- It encrypts the information on your website so that a 3rd party can’t access it.
- When clients see the not secure wording they are less likely to interact or convert on your website
So let’s make the “All Knowing Google” happy 🙂
2. Not having Google Analytics installed on your website
The advantage of digital is that everything can be tracked, with Analytics you can see:
- How many people are visiting your site
- What pages are they looking at
- Where are they coming from, Google search, Paid Advertising, Facebook etc.
- How long people are staying on your website
- How many people are converting
- And much more
Analytics allows you to make informed decisions about your business
3. Not adding a Facebook pixel to your website
Facebook allows you to add a piece of code to your website and this enables them to track activity on your website. This will allow you to get valuable information about your potential clients. Most importantly, you will be able to retarget people that have already visited your website..
This is effective because you know these people are interested in your products or services and are more likely to convert into a client or customer. Learn more about retargeting here: https://www.qmarketing.co.za/what-is-retargeting/
These 3 simple actions are free or low cost to implement (you might have to pay for a SSL certificate but there are free options) but they can have massive results for your business.